2014 Annual Giving Report
NWCNHS 2014 Annual Report
Simulation Teaching And Research Center
With the STAR Center at the educational core of the Nicole Wertheim Nursing & Health Sciences Building, we offer our students, faculty and community partners one of the most technologically innovative advanced healthcare teaching and research facilities in the region. Visit the STAR Center page to learn more.
- Dr. Ora Strickland and Dr. Derrick Glymph honored as Top Black Educator & Healthcare Professionals of 2015 by Legacy of South Florida
- Dean Ora Strickland is one of the five recipients of the 2015 Women of Distinction and Caring Award. Dr. Strickland will be honored by the Plaza Healthcare Network Foundation and will receive her award on November 5, 2015.
- CSD Department ranked number 17 by Graduateprograms.com.
- Dr. Nola Holness's poster "The Effects of Resilience and Social Influences on Preventing a Repeat Adolescent Pregnancy in Parenting Adolescent Mothers" was selected as the best poster (1st place) at the 18th Annial NPWH conference in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Dr. Doherty-Restrepo, Dr. Juan Gonzalez and Dr. Linda Wunder have been promoted to Clinical Associate Professor in their respective departments.
- Drs. Sandra Jones and Eric Fenkl awarded another grant with SAMHSA for over $900,000 for 3 years: 9/30/15-9/29/2018.
- Dr. Kathleen Koernig Blais, Professor Emerita of Nursing, has recently published the 7th edition of her fundamentals textbook, Professional Nursing Practice: Concepts and Perspectives (New York: Pearson, 2016).
- Congradulations to Dr. Jennifer Doherty-Restrepo named 2015 Athletic Trainers’ Association of Florida College/University Athletic Trainer of the Year.