Now open Combined MSN-DNP Programs
MSN-NP, DNP, and New Combined MSN-DNP Programs Admission Cycle Now Open.
Click Here for more Information.
2014 Annual Giving Report
NWCNHS 2014 Annual Report
Simulation Teaching And Research Center
With the STAR Center at the educational core of the Nicole Wertheim Nursing & Health Sciences Building, we offer our students, faculty and community partners one of the most technologically innovative advanced healthcare teaching and research facilities in the region. Visit the STAR Center page to learn more.
- Dr. Doherty-Restrepo, Dr. Juan Gonzalez and Dr. Linda Wunder have been promoted to Clinical Associate Professor in their respective departments.
- Drs. Sandra Jones and Eric Fenkl awarded another grant with SAMHSA for over $900,000 for 3 years: 9/30/15-9/29/2018.
- Dr. Kathleen Koernig Blais, Professor Emerita of Nursing, has recently published the 7th edition of her fundamentals textbook, Professional Nursing Practice: Concepts and Perspectives (New York: Pearson, 2016).
- Congradulations to Dr. Jennifer Doherty-Restrepo named 2015 Athletic Trainers’ Association of Florida College/University Athletic Trainer of the Year.
- NWCNHS in collaboration with Jessie Trice Community Health Center awarded $1.45 million grant for the Northwestern High School Clinic.
- Dr. Hector Huerta received FIU Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching for 2015-2016 academic year and provided with one-time $5,000 honorarium, an engraved award, and an FIU medal. Formal conferral occurs at the Faculty Convocation Award Ceremony on Sept. 24, 2015.
- Dr. Helen Cornely receives grant for $600,000 from the Health Resources Administration for Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students studying toward the Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree.
- Dr. Sandra Jones promoted to Full Professor, effective August 1, 2015. We are proud of you Sandy.
- Dr. Elaine Ramos receives notice of a $150,000 traineeship grant from the DHHS, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
- Dr. Juan Gonzalez receives notification from federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of funding for his recently submitted HRSA Nurse Anesthetist Traineeship Grant proposal for $36,780.
- NWCNHS moved up from #256 to #54 in the nation out of 500 nursing schools by U.S. News and World Report Ranking in Nursing!