Dr. Youngblut Awarded NWCNHS Endowed Chair!
The Nursing Unit of the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences is scheduled for accreditation review of the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) from October 7-9, 2013. The CCNE invites the Nursing Unit’s constituents (students, alumni, faculty, the practice community, etc.) to comment on quality and satisfaction regarding the Nursing Unit’s DNP program. Written and signed comments may be submitted to the CCNE up to 30 days prior to the scheduled site visit and will not be shared with the Nursing Unit.
Comments may be submitted to:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036-1120
Simulation Teaching And Research Center
With the STAR Center at the educational core of the Nicole Wertheim Nursing & Health Sciences Building, we offer our students, faculty and community partners one of the most technologically innovative advanced healthcare teaching and research facilities in the region. Visit the STAR Center page to learn more.
- Veterans BS in Nursing Grant Team receives $1,050,000 funding of their accelerated BSN program for military veterans proposal. VBSN Grant Team includes Drs. Maria Olenick (Project Director), Sharon Simon, Derrick Glymph, Jeff Groom, and Beth Olafson.
- Juan Gonzalez receives the HRSA Nurse Anesthetist Traineeship Award for 2014-2015 in the amount of $50,128 to enable first and second year nurse anesthetist students to fund their education.
- Dr. Lucy Dlugasch promoted to Clinical Associate Professor.
- Maria Olenick and the rest of the team awarded $350,208.00 for the third year of their Workforce Diversity Grant.
- Lucie Dlugasch and the TIPCE team receives continuation renewal of their grant for $254,859 for their 3rd year of funding.
- FIU's Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences is pleased to announce the appointment of JoAnne M. Youngblut, PhD, RN, FAAN as Dr. Herbert and Nicole Wertheim Endowed Chair in Prevention and Family Health.
- Dr. Buscemi and Ms Romeo on their manuscript being accepted for publication!
Buscemi, C. & Romeo, C. (in press). "Wound healing, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition and collagen-containing products." Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing.
- Dr. Flowers and Dr. Olenick on their new publication!
Flowers, M., & Olenick, M. (2014). "Transitioning from physician to nurse practitioner." Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 7, 51-54. doi: dx.doi.org/10.2147/JMDH.556948